One day you wake up and say “Oh I think I should start a blog”, and then months later you realize it is 1000 times harder than it looks! That’s what I did. Here are A FEW of the struggles bloggers or wanna-be bloggers face.
- Building up a crew of loyal readers in damn near impossible! I know, I know consistency is KEY…but still it ain’t easy. Is it just me or does it seem like other bloggers are really the only people who religiously read blogs??? It’s probably just me… because my blog isn’t “known” enough for random non-bloggers to want to read!
- Youtube seems to be more popular in this day and age. People will watch YouTube videos for hours on end, but a lot of people will pay no mind to reading a blog.
- Coming up with unique content is HARD. The blogging community is so jam packed with talented people that coming up with content and ideas that nobody has used before is difficult.
- Writers block mixed with a blogging schedule doesn’t mix. This is a HUGE reason I haven’t made a blogging schedule, I suffer from writers block on a regular basis and I don’t want to have to force myself to create content on a certain day.
- Finding a domain name you LOVE is HARD. So many bloggers and all the domains have to be unique.
- Having a brain fart and not knowing what tags to tag to your post. For example this post I had no clue what to put in the tags!!!
- Wondering if your blog is even worth the time and effort you put into it. Don’t get me wrong, I love my blog but every now and then the lack of readers makes me think that if i’m the only person that reads my posts I might as well just write in a notebook! (This was more of a struggle when I first started this blog)
- Asking a question in your blog post and having nobody answer it. If I read another bloggers post I feel obligated to answer their question, especially if nobody has yet..because it kinda sucks when nobody does!
- Wanting to collab with people, but they are higher up on the blogging food chain and wont give you a chance. Most bloggers are super sweet but will pay little to no mind to smaller blogs.
- Finding your niche. I have yet to find my niche, but it’s not something I’m too worried about because I blog about whatever comes into my mind.
- Not wanting people in your personal life to stumble across your blog, or find out somehow. I haven’t told a soul about my blog, although it is linked on my twitter and Instagram (so a few people may have noticed and just not mentioned it…) I’m just not ready to have people I see on the regular reading and talking to me about my little blog. My boyfriend of 3 years doesn’t even know yet…(but he will definitely be the first to know..but i’m not quite ready)
- attempting to take the perfect pictures for your posts. I love photography, but trying to take blog specific pictures can be a struggle!
- Finding the perfect blog theme..especially a free one is a pain in the butt!!! I’m not ready to buy a domain, or pay for a theme yet, so I only use the free ones.
There are PLENTY more struggles that bloggers face on the regular, so if you have any to add drop it in the comments below!!! Fall classes have started, so if I go MIA for a few days it’s probably because college is killin’ me. I hope everyone had a good Monday, sorry that this post is a little bland and is lacking pictures!
copyright © 2016 Morgan Hayley