*Has a panic attack because i’ll be turning 21 in December* then proceeds to have another panic attack because December is the end of 2016 and that’s only 4 month away!!!! Oh my gosh I feel so OLD, the years are just flying by so fast…I CAN’T BELIEVE I GRADUATED HIGH-SCHOOL 3 YEARS AGO!!! In light of me being ALMOST 21, I thought I would share 21 bits of wisdom I’ve picked up the past 20 years. (I just got my wisdom teeth out, so I may be lacking in that department a little…. see that post here Girl-vs-Wisdom Teeth Extraction )
- Rest days are important. Even though the band Cage The Elephant says “Ain’t no rest for the wicked”…..even the wicked need rest days for their body and brain to re-cooperate.
- Live and do things for yourself, this is YOUR life you are the one who has to live it. I know it can be hard to not take everyone else’s opinions into account, but this is YOUR life not theirs, if you want to do something you need to do it.
- ALWAYS carry chapstick and $10 cash. I always end up needing a little bit of cash when I have NONE…and chapstick can save lives (or at least prevent discomfort).
- Drink water, and lots and lots of it. Even if you aren’t a gym rat, water is important and your body will thank you for drinking more of it!
- Change is the only thing that is constant in life. Embrace it.
- Other peoples opinions don’t matter and you don’t need everyone to like you.
- Take TONS of pictures but don’t forget to live things through your own eyes and not just through a lens. I LOVE photography and taking pictures, but it’s also important to ACTUALLY live some of those beautiful moments.
- If possible try to stay on good terms with your family. If it wasn’t for your family you wouldn’t even be born, It’s important to at least TRY to keep in touch with your family.
- Avoid gossip and drama.
- Smile often and don’t forget to love yourself.
- Don’t be afraid to meet people. People are JUST people, they are your equal, don’t be afraid to meet new people!
- MOST of the time nights in are actually better than nights out. Or maybe this is just a personal preference?? I love a night in with a few good friends.
- Exercise is IMPORTANT and wonderful. Take care of your body and get that heart beating!
- Failing doesn’t make you stupid or a failure, and exams don’t define your intelligence. THIS IS IMPORTANT!
- Expect nothing but be prepared for anything and everything. Anything can happen at anytime..bad things and good things.
- Go outside, there’s a beautiful world out there and you are missing out. Seriously, after you finish reading this go outside for 10 minutes and just look and listen to the world around you.
- Life is not a race, slow down and enjoy it and don’t compare your successes to everyone else’s. Direction is more important than speed, many are going nowhere fast.
- Sing and dance to the songs you love even if you suck at them both. I can’t sing or dance, but I still like to laugh at myself and try.
- You will lose contact with a ton of people and that is okay.
- Success takes hard work.
- It’s okay to eat the ENTIRE cake. just don’t do it everyday. food is not the enemy food is fuel.
*Still in a panic about how old I am*
Thank you for reading, if you have any good lessons or things you’ve learned please share in the comments below!!!
**disclaimer the video is not mine**
copyright © 2016 Morgan Hayley