I still have a few hours before I leave for work so I thought i’d type up another little blog post. This post is to help all the gym newbies, you may be feeling uncomfortable and out of place when you go to the gym I know I did , but I put this little post together to help you get through the awkward stage a little easier.
- Bring Headphones Listening to music while working out not only helps you survive your workout better, but it also helps distract you from everything going on around you.
- Bring a friend Bringing a friend with you to the gym will help you feel like you aren’t completely alone and that you have someones support.
- Watch videos to learn workouts Watching videos is a great way to learn a few workouts before stepping into the gym for the first time, it gives you a little sense that you know what you are doing.
- Realize people aren’t looking at you Honestly most people are in their own little world, and if they are looking at anyone its ussually themselves to make sure they are using correct form.
- Go at odd times so there aren’t a lot of people Times with less people are perfect times to learn new workouts.
- Sign up for a group class Who knows you might have fun, or learn some tricks
- Plan out the time of workout you want to do before going If you have an idea of what you want to workout before you go in you wont feel as much like a lost puppy
Remember that everyone starts somewhere, and that almost everyone feels uncomfortable when trying something for the first time. Just keep your head in the game and you will be over your gym anxiety in no time at all.
After two months of working out I personally can say I feel like the gym is my second home…well I also work there so I guess it really is. In other news, Monday is leg day and I’m excited to crush my workout tonight after work!
Thanks for reading, I hope this helps you adjust to the gym setting a little easier.